We enjoyed these the other night and I wanted to pass it along. Here’s what you’ll need:
3 boneless loin pork chops (we got ours from Trader Joe’s).
2 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
2 Red Delicious apples (thinly sliced).
1/2 cup seedless cherries (sliced).
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Season pork chops to taste.
- Place the sliced apples and the sliced cherries in a small saucepan with juice squeezed from the orange. Sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice on top and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil. Add seasoned pork chops and cook 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 minutes on each side or until done (our pork chops were over an inch thick. If yours are thinner, this time can probably be reduced to 6 minutes).
- When the pork chops are done, remove them from the pan and keep them warm, but do not drain the pan. Stir the apple-cherrie mixture into the saucepan over medium heat and stir them into the juices from the pork chops for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with the apple-cherrie sauce spooned over the pork chops, along with your favorite sides and table wine. We enjoyed ours with spinach and green beans.